Thursday, February 28, 2013

making this home


ill try to fill you guys in. 
heres the as-short-as-is-possible-for-me version of life for the last six months.
wait, seven.
weve been in this house in country victoria for around five months. 
being us, we slowed right down with all things normal and decided to do the unusual for a while. lots of odd things that had been on hold. both of us got highly creative when we first landed. which only made us frustratingly disfunctional with the everyday stuff, but most times choosing to laugh about life as we know it now. 



to further explain why i havent been here-here,
all the usual technology wasnt up and running at first so i couldnt get back to the blog right away like i had planned. 
to add insult to injury we get incredibly bad tv reception which i dont really mind, unless i want to watch Grand Designs or garden shows, but if i never know when they are playing then i really dont miss them.
would like to watch The Block. ive only seen the first season.

  



we went away a couple of times, because you can when you dont have anywhere to live.
one of those times to meet our sublime
new grandson in perth. this boy is perfection. although he is rather large and is wearing the same size clothes as his almost two year old sister.





up til now our main income has been my clothing business so
over the summer holidays i booked myself into way too many markets. way more than i could handle. 
 i hung on crazily restocking in between weekends, which wasnt difficult when the mr went way beyond the boundaries of required support. always coming with me on market day, but this simply added a bit of fun. i like having him with me.

these days things are slowing and settling down nicely. probably because the markets round up soon


i started setting the table for breakfast like my grandparents used to do. 
im almost, almost in a routine. but fighting it just the same. 


i forgot to mention the main choice of this country move. to be closer to my mum. 
she pops in everyday and its wonderful to be nearby sharing the everyday stuff. 


theres the deepest linen cupboard here imaginable and blankets fit on the floor inside. not the ones ready for the chop. theyre upstairs in another deep cupboard. 


the storage in this place is a womans dream as its hidden cleverly inside walls but the house itself has only one drawback. theres no bath. 
and we are big bath people. i want to put one in the garden



im still moving things around and am
doing a bit of reshuffling this weekend, while the mr is away on a family fishing trip.
i didnt want to go, even though the grandbabies would be there. i simply wanted to use this time to clear some long overdue designs from my head and get them to the cutting table.
i like having the solitude plus i still have college for another few months.  


the real bonus is that we have a green house. 
its what caught my eye when i was scrolling through real estate.com late one night 
when all the rental houses were starting to look the same. 
im still almost pinching myself of a morning that we're finally here and
 making this home.

thanks for waiting out there for me to come back to. it would have been really weird of you werent.






7 comments:

willywagtail said...

Sounds good. I'd like to see some of your clever in the wall storage. My linen press is a bit like yours - an old fashioned wardrobe refashioned with shelving that is twice as deep as any modern linen press. Enjoy your designing and peace. Cherrie

Frankie and Ray said...

Welcome home Wendy :) My eyebrows shot up when I read you have no bath. Me neither. It's the saddest thing about my place too. Nearly 5 years and I still desperately miss having one!

mel @ loved handmade said...

I don't have a bath and I miss it soooo much, it was my happy place! I love that house of yours, and how lovely to have your mum close by, I'd love that..x

Kylie said...

I'm glad you've come back (even though I didn't know you before!)
Your blog is just so lovely, I'm going to fill many hours reading throught your archives.

zofia said...

Yay for a green house!
I only have one green back wall, but that is something hey?
How lovely to move near to your mum. Enjoy.xx

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

hey wendy, so glad I found your blog after being such a stalker on IG!! what a lovely little country cottage you have yourself...hope you get your bath soon! xx

Unknown said...

I hope you are able to share some of the "amazing inventions" in future logs. Click here to learn more!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails