Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a night before a market

Its the evening before the market and all ive been working on is a quilt that seems never ending. Adding rows of squares and then stopping and counting and then adding some more, a truly professional approach dont you think? I began it from the other way around but then fell easily back into my old ways of the random and of course, found it more enjoyable. 

I had it laid out on the lounge room floor last night when the Mr walked in and said I needed to stop as it was huge. I was glad for his input or it may have ended up too big, me being a fan of all things upscaled. A final two rows tonight while he is on the late shift should be enough. 
I want it to look and feel like the original one I made for myself. I want it to fall around the bed at just the right length, not be annoying to fold at the foot but just the most perfect king size quilt ever. Hard to do when all you have is a queen bed to drape it over.

Im not in the best frame of mind to begin thinking about getting ready for market tomorrow.
The van is full of firewood and my marquee and stock is gracing the front porch yet again. I dont know whether to attempt to pack it quietly now or early in the morning at the risk of waking people up next door. But ill need to get out there to bring in the firewood anyhow so...

Time to put some more lamps on and stop the greyness coming in from outside.

At least the dishes are done and I can begin to settle in for the night while it lasts.

happy warm tuesday to you...

5 comments:

Lotti said...

Good luck with the market and I can't wait to see the finished king size quilt.

Elisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elisha said...

I can give you measurements for a king size bed if you wish..... My quilt top ended up too large for the double bed sheet I have to back it with. Must take some good photos for the blog tomorrow..... In daylight :-)

small forest said...

Elisha, it sounds like I dont have measurements but that was the first thing I googled. Alas they dont help me cos im going by feel and kind of gut instinct. Oh! and laying my queensize one on top!?
(thanks anyway)

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails