Tuesday, June 21, 2011

a few pincushions




Today I was finishing a few pincushions to place in the shop while cutting out the last two sizes for big girls eskimo patterns and tweaking the design of the lumberjacket.  Im getting somewhere but im still slow. I have to be happy with the slow for now. This last doiley had a fold mark in the centre and ive been staring at it for weeks until thinking that maybe I can actually do a line of running stitch to conceal the stain as the embroidery is still quite lovely. Of course there will be close ups of the 'cover up' but you can never keep a good doiley down,
especially with the doiley drought im experiencing here.

Tomorrow im having a much overdue sewing day with Eleesa from DorothyBills and because I dont have to leave the house, have already declared it a pyjama day.



7 comments:

Notchka said...

Slow is good - at least slow is movement in the right direction.

Doily drought? I'm going to the oppie tomorrow - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Kate said...

Lovely three. The running stitch is perfect, clever you.
It's slow going around these parts too.
I had a house full of sickies and I feel like I'm going backwards.
Can I order small pin cushion for the kit I'm putting together for the caravan? x

Notchka said...

Can you email me your address - I have some treasures for you!

Cat said...

Ahh pyjama day sounds pretty good to me, who really wants to get out of warm pjs anyway. I think we'll be having a pyjama day over the holiday or maybe two...

mezzo mish said...

beautiful fabrics. They are so cute! Hey, check out my sewing from yesterday...I was really happy with the costume. Not entirely accurate for 1850 but the bonnet was a success I think.
http://mishmaccas.blogspot.com/2011/07/costume-making-frenzy.html

Elisha said...

Thinking you must be very busy with fsmily and babies not to be blogging. Hoping you are well and sending lots of love xxoo

Tania said...

I shall remain on doiley alert for you. You don't ever keep a good doiley down - that's for sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails