Tuesday, May 31, 2011

gut instinct



I finished last week with a bang. A popped eye vessel from the pressure of coughing. One of those things you never hear about until it happens to you.



But im not here to whinge. I wanted to show you how chokkas it is here 


and what im tackling at the moment 


(although im secretly hoping to do a big chunk by the end of the day).


 After stocking up on winter blankets and cutting and sewing eskimos to the point of exhaustion
( that I still am yet to place in the shop eeekkk!) this is how things sit.

Overnight I had the revelation that the reason why my fabric stash is taking over every nook and cranny of the house is that I havent put away any summer stock. Normally im able to think things through, I follow my gut instinct, I have a clear out when the seasons change. It works. Normally I havent been overseas to a warm climate and arrived back to what feels like the middle of a melbourne winter. Normally im well and able to push myself, if not on adrenalin then just because I can.
Its obvious now that in order to keep my fledgling business flowing I need to get super organised, do a mini stocktake and rethink all of my storage. Summer and winter fabric simply wont fit in the two shelves I have, all at once.
Today im having to gut the whole studio, throw caution to the wind and see where it leads me.

Tonight im cooking their favourite, Shepherds pie and im hoping it will be in a nice tidy home
instead of what has become my home studio.





5 comments:

willywagtail said...

O dear Wendy. You sure have taken on a lot. At least you have picked an easy dinner and hopefully don't have to go out for the night. Hoping you find peace by tonight and try not to burst too many vessels - some can be more dangerous than others! Hugs Cherrie

Copper Patch said...

Sheesh the popped eye thing sounds....bloody! I hope you are on the mend. We have a festival of germ here. Young Mr Harvey has his first cold and it's a bad one. He's kindly given it to me too.
Wishing you luck and much organisation for the studio.
Ab xx

Beck said...

Lots happening in your space! I have a similar fabric storage problem, it's a never ending theme around here. Good luck with sorting it all out, enjoy din dins, I love Shepherds PIe! xo

Kate said...

Yeouch, that eye thing sounds painful indeed.
I think you need to spend a bit longer sitting around on the couch. Actually, then you'd just stress about the stack and stuff. Go slowly though Miss. Listen to your body. x

Cat said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better and that cough has gone. Here's hoping you got some of your organising done so you can sit and relax tonight. Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails