Thursday, November 4, 2010

my creative space

I made this hoodie a while ago and I wear it alot, so I need to make more.
 I started with a plain crew neck granny knit
because the colours are always a vintagey look and a stripey ribbed jumper that you see everywhere.
I cut off the neck ribbing as it was too chunky and sliced a split in the neck for an opening.

Added a toggle and edged the split with some of the second ribbed jumper.

The sleeves had stripes on too so I used them on the cuff after cutting off the existing ones.

I made a couple of front pockets from the ribbing as well.

I sliced off the bottom bulky ribbing.
The base hem of the ribbed jumper was great for the hem as it was self hemmed therefore I didnt need to double it over, adding back the bulk I had just removed.

The front and back across the chest had nice stripes and this is what became my hood.
It didnt take long to do once I had what I call my 'formula'. It will be easy converting similar jumpers now.

Ive been working on some more pin-cushions and here are the latest.


Ill be checking out what everyone else is up to over at Kirsty's as soon as ive done the school thing.


13 comments:

Kate said...

That hoodie is just about the coolest thing I have seen.
Please make some more.
I NEED ONE!!!!
Seriously, I do.
XX

Kelly Ingram said...

So clever Wendy. Love this hoodie!

spectacularfairywren said...

I love it all at your place this week - that jumper is so great - can it please be titled 'ain't easy being green (& striped). Such a great combination!

And the pincushions - desktop worthy!

zofia said...

That hoodie is so cool, I'm with Kate-make some more!

The Moerks said...

That is a great hoodie. No wonder you wear it a lot. The pincushions are very sweet. Did you find some more on your country travels?

Frankie and Ray said...

You are a clever girl! I love what you've done with those jumpers, and the pin cushions are amazing...

small forest said...

Thanks everyone for the comments, wow! I was kind of trying to inspire you to make your own. Ill see what I can do. I suppose its off to the op-shop again for me to find some jumpers worthy of joining for you all :)

Teresa said...

This re-styled jumper is brilliant. I love the look and the effective combining of the two. Thanks for showing us how it's done.

Widge said...

the jumper is too cool.Love it. and those pin cushions are gorge..

Sally said...

My goodness - that hoody is the coolest thing ever!!!
... and those pin cushions... well you already know I think they're dreamy.

Notchka said...

Hello, thanks for your comment on my blog - well its a small world? I heard Gucci have started a children's label.....oh no! I love the hoodie - such a great mix of colours and textures, it looks so comfortable and comforting.

Elisha said...

I love it too! I want one also, will have to keep an eye out for jumpers to add to the other piles of crap at my house.

c.raf.t said...

WoW! So beautiful and cleverly made!Well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails