Monday, June 21, 2010

found

loft

A while back I posted about our house renovation. I was new to this and began the post hoping to inspire someone, anyone, with the transformation only to discover I couldnt find the complete set of photos in order to give the full impact. Well, I found the photos under my sons bed while preparing for my recent overseas and interstate visitors! So here is the first installment of a better attempt at the power of white paint. 
Now, you need to know that we were pretty gung-ho with our approach.
When we viewed the property for the first time we knew it had to be white from top, where ill begin, to bottom.

You can see why.






This is a photo of the real estate brochure ad so its pretty poor quality sorry.
I wont post them all today in case youre here looking for an update on Malis quilt,
(its coming along nicely thanks for asking)

Hope you had a lovely sunny weekend

7 comments:

Elisha said...

Never got to see that house, looks delightful, like a picture out of a magazine. You gave to come see my house before we sell it.

willywagtail said...

Where did you find a house like that?!!! All my childhood dreams rolled into one. I am so, so jealous. And the transformation shows just what a difference colour can make. Terrific Cherrie

small forest said...

It was an 'unsellable' believe it or not. The owners were desperate to sell and it had been on the market for nearly two years with only two viewings! Incredible.

mezzo mish said...

Ooo I love the white. Love your style !!!!
Alistair wants to put in pine panel lined ceilings at our house (after roof goes on this week) and I want to paint everything white inside (call me copycat). Go French Chic!!

The Moerks said...

Fantastic improvement. What a light and airy room.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

WOW! It looks great! Even though the 'before' was funky, it's got a lot of character. I love that!

Stephanie said...

I found your Flickr photos via Etsy.. the internet is amazing isn't it? And I looked through your whole renovation pool and it is just amazing! You guys did an awesome job. Truly, a transformation and what vision you had!
Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails