Thursday, January 7, 2010

Refreshing Your Home: 8 Tips

I found this remarkable and simply inspiring blog late last night. These tips may come in handy for a fresh start to the new year. Ive been doing a fair bit of sorting out and cleaning for the good part of a week now (Ive promised myself to do a cupboard a day). The best advice I ever got from an older woman was when things start to overwhelm you on the home front just simply do one room a day. It works too. I dont know about anyone else but Im the type that has really big plans at the start of the day and then things slowly get to me and I only get some of the things done that I wanted to do. Instead of stepping back and being happy with what i accomplished I seem to focus on what i didnt get done. Silly, I know. Well, enough about me...Go on and take a peek




( image haust)

2 comments:

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I'm exactly the same way. I go to bed feeling sad that the day hasn't gone the way I'd like it. I wake up all renewed and ready for a better day...and then the kids whine and give me a hard time about getting up and such. And then the mood is pretty much over right there...

I agree, doing one small thing can make all the difference in the world. Now do I follow this advice? Rarely...

small forest said...

Erica, thanks for your comment. I actually enjoyed doing the early dishes today. I found myself thinking and planning only to say 'hey, whatever will be, will be' and from that moment on I have had the most wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails